This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 03/24/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 03/24/2015 Cholera coalition urges stepped-up support of water for Haiti. On World Water Day 2015, the Regional Coalition for Water and Sanitation to Eliminate Cholera in Hispaniola is calling for stepped-up support from the international community to help Haiti and the Dominican Republic end the cholera epidemic on their shared island.
- 03/23/2015 Palestinian conflict continues to destroy human life, dignity – UN rights official. “Human rights violations in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, are both cause and consequence of the military occupation and ongoing violence, in a bitter cyclical process with wider implications for peace and security in the region,” said Flavia Pansieri, the UN’s Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- 03/22/2015 At Security Council, UN envoy says Yemen on ‘rapid downward spiral’ as tensions rise. Yemen stands on the brink of civil war amid deepening political tensions and an uptick in sectarian violence, United Nations Special Adviser Jamal Benomar warned.
- 03/20/2015 Fears for women and children as fighting displaces 120,000 in Philippines. Fighting in the southern Philippines has forced at least 120,000 people from their homes and the conflict is spreading, the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) warned Friday.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- 03/24/2015 Summary of public health threats, CDTR week 12/2015. This issue covers the period 15 to 21 March 2015 and includes updates on seasonal influenza, Ebola Virus Disease and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus.
- 03/24/2015 Updated Case Counts (From WHO SitReps). Countries with Widespread Transmission, Countries with an Initial Case or Cases and/or Localized Transmission, Previously Affected Countries.
- 03/23/2015 Sierra Leone Trial to Introduce a Vaccine against Ebola (STRIVE).
- 03/24/2015 Ebola data and statistics. Reports 24 872 cases and 10 311 deaths in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.