Brought to you daily by the International Center Risk and Safety Office. Use this report to be up to date about risks identified by worldwide and U.S. official and professional sources.
This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 03/25/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 03/25/2015 Only 1 in 10 chance of peace in Libya, says UN expert. Civilians and human rights defenders in Libya continue to bear the brunt of violence amid signs that the number of fighters in the country may have reached 300,000.
- 03/24/2015 Security Council urges ‘effective, comprehensive’ steps to end tensions in South Sudan. The security situation in South Sudan has deteriorated steadily over the past year since political in-fighting between President Salva Kiir and his former Vice-President, Riek Machar, and their respective factions erupted in December 2013. The hostilities subsequently turned into a full-fledged conflict that sent nearly 100,000 civilians fleeing to UN bases around the country.
- 03/24/2015 Insecurity worsening in Mali, says UN rights expert. Mali is at a “critical” point in its efforts to find peace while massive human rights violations continue there, a UN expert said on Tuesday.
- 03/24/2015 UNMEER Situation Report. KEY POINTS: Only two new confirmed EVD cases in Sierra Leone on 23 March. WFP continuing to provide food assistance to quarantined communities and Ebola orphans in Sierra Leone.