Brought to you by the International Center Risk and Safety Office. Use this report to be up to date about risks identified by worldwide official and professional sources.
This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 03/31/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
Take Enhanced Precautions
Security Messages for U.S. Citizens
- 03/30/2015 Possible Hazardous Waves in Papua New Guinea. An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.6 occurred in the New Ireland region, Papua New Guinea in the morning of Monday, March 30, 2015. There are currently no tsunami warnings, advisories or watches in effect. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center indicates that hazardous waves reaching 1 to 3 meters above the tide level are possible along some coasts of Papua New Guinea. Persons located in threatened coastal areas should stay alert for information and follow instructions from national and local authorities.
- 03/30/2015 Concerns about ongoing fighting in Idlib and its impact on civilians. The humanitarian situation in Idlib, a city in north-western Syria is deteriorating, according to the UN Humanitarian Coordinator for the country.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- 03/30/2015 Summary of public health threats, CDTR week 13/2015. This issue covers the period 22 to 28 March 2015 and includes updates on Ebola virus disease, seasonal influenza, measles, and MERS-CoV.
Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System
- 03/31/2015 Tropical Cyclone MAYSAK-15 Philippines (286.5km/h). Tropical Cyclone MAYSAK-15 can have a high humanitarian impact based on the Maximum sustained wind speed and the affected population and their vulnerability.
- 03/30/2015 Updated Case Counts (From WHO SitReps). Countries with Widespread Transmission, Countries with an Initial Case or Cases and/or Localized Transmission, Previously Affected Countries.