Brought to you by the International Center Risk and Safety Office. Use this report to be up to date about risks identified by worldwide official and professional sources.
This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 04/06/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
U.S. Department of State
- 04/03/2015 Yemen Travel Warning. The U.S. Department of State urges U.S. citizens to defer travel to Yemen and for those U.S. citizens currently living in or visiting Yemen to depart. For more information, view the U.S. Department of State Yemen Crisis page.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 04/06/2015 UN agency demands end to Yarmouk fighting, calls for protection of civilians. With fighting near Yarmouk (Damascus, Syria) intensifying, the United Nations agency concerned with the well-being of Palestinian refugees today made a strong appeal to all armed actors to cease hostilities that place civilians in acute danger and to withdraw immediately from civilian populated areas.
- 04/03/2015 Terrorist attack in Garissa , Kenya strongly condemned by Security Council. The terrorist attack on a university in northeastern Kenya has been strongly condemned by the Security Council. At least 147 people, mainly students, are reported to have been killed and close to 80 injured in the assault by Al Shabaab on Garissa University early on Thursday.
- 04/03/2015 Higher levels of diseases caused by contaminated food than reported. Levels of diseases caused by eating contaminated food are much higher than currently reported, according to the United Nations health agency.