Brought to you by the International Center Risk and Safety Office. Use this report to be up to date about risks identified by worldwide official and professional sources.
This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 04/07/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 04/03/2015 United States: Outbreak of Listeriosis Linked to Blue Bell Creameries Ice Cream Products. Listeriosis is a life-threatening infection caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium (germ) Listeria monocytogenes. People at high risk for listeriosis include pregnant women, adults 65 and older, and people with weakened immune systems.
- 04/06/2015 WHO responds to urgent health needs in Yemen. WHO is responding to increasing shortages in medicines and medical supplies in Yemen as a result of the ongoing conflict.
- 04/06/2015 Civilian casualties, humanitarian concerns mounting as Yemen fighting continues – UN. The violence in Yemen continues to wreak havoc upon the country’s civilian population and restrict humanitarian access to those most in need amid a spate of aerial attacks and ground incursions, the United Nations has reported.
- 04/06/2015 Syria: Trapped civilians ‘more desperate than ever’ amid fighting in Yarmouk camp, warns UN agency chief. The current escalation is “more desperate than ever” for civilians in Yarmouk displaced persons camp which is currently housing thousands of Palestinians on the outskirts of Damascus, the head of the United Nations agency concerned with the well-being of Palestinian refugees warned today.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- 04/07/2015 Summary of public health threats, CDTR week 14/2015. This issue covers the period 29 March-4 April 2015 and includes updates on Ebola virus disease, seasonal influenza, and MERS-CoV.
- 04/06/2015 Getting to Zero Video. CDC continues to work in West Africa with the goal of getting to zero new cases in the affected countries and, just as important, keeping them at zero.
- 04/07/2015 Ebola data and statistics. Reports 25 516 cases and 10 573 deaths in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.