Brought to you by the International Center Risk and Safety Office. Use this report to be up to date about risks identified by worldwide official and professional sources.
This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 04/08/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 04/02/2015 Multidrug-resistant Shigellosis Spreading in the US – Press Release. “The increase in drug-resistant Shigella makes it even more critical to prevent shigellosis from spreading,” said Anna Bowen, M.D., M.P.H., a medical officer in CDC’s Waterborne Diseases Prevention Branch and lead author of the study. “Washing your hands with soap and water is important for everyone. Also, international travelers can protect themselves by choosing hot foods and drinking only from sealed containers.”
- 04/07/2015 African Union-UN mission condemns bombings in central Darfur. The Joint African Union-United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) has confirmed the dropping of 10 bombs which led to the killing of 14 civilians and the wounding of 18 others in Rowata, Central Darfur, on 1 April.
- 04/07/2015 UN relief wing spotlights deteriorating health situation for conflict-affected Ukrainians. The deteriorating health situation for internally displaced and others impacted by the conflict in Ukraine has drawn the serious concern of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), a UN spokesperson reported today.
- 04/07/2015 Updated Case Counts (From WHO SitReps). Countries with Widespread Transmission, Countries with an Initial Case or Cases and/or Localized Transmission, Previously Affected Countries.
- 04/07/2015 Hunting Ebola: A day in the life of an epidemiologist. Sometimes described as disease detectives, epidemiologists play a crucial role in every outbreak. “Our job is to find every single link. We need to find out who infected whom, how, and where” says Dr Katrina Roper, a WHO epidemiologist working in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- 04/08/2015 Disaster response register unveiled to boost lifesaving effort. The world’s first global register for disaster response teams was unveiled on Wednesday by UN health experts who say a radical new approach to disaster relief is needed to save more lives.