Brought to you by the International Center Risk and Safety Office. Use this report to be up to date about risks identified by worldwide official and professional sources.
This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 04/15/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 04/15/2015 A month after Cyclone Pam, Vanuatu continues to face health challenges. Working with the Ministry of Health of Vanuatu and other partners, WHO has made significant progress in addressing the health needs of the more than 160 000 people affected by Cyclone Pam. However, a month after the Category 5 storm ravaged the Pacific island country, many pressing health challenges remain.
- 04/15/2015 WHO’s humanitarian response in Yemen. WHO is working to meet humanitarian health needs in Yemen. WHO has identified five key activities in its response; one for example is strengthening delivery of trauma care by making sure that sufficient life-saving emergency medicines, surgical supplies, and qualified medical staff are available throughout the country, especially in areas witnessing escalated violence.
- 04/14/2015 Updated Case Counts (From WHO SitReps). Countries with Widespread Transmission, Countries with an Initial Case or Cases and/or Localized Transmission, Previously Affected Countries.
- 04/14/2015 Ebola vaccine trial begins in Sierra Leone. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in partnership with the Sierra Leone College of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences (COMAHS) and the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MoHS), is now enrolling and vaccinating volunteers for the Sierra Leone Trial to Introduce a Vaccine against Ebola (STRIVE).
- 04/14/2015 Q&As on Sierra Leone Vaccine Trial. Learn more about this clinical trial.
- 04/14/2015 Ebola data and statistics. Reports 25 611 cases and 10 611 deaths in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- 04/14/2015 Liberia succeeds in fighting Ebola with local, sector response. Montserrado Liberia, turned around an exponentially-growing Ebola outbreak.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- 04/15/2015 ECDC updated Risk Assessment: significant drop of Ebola cases in West Africa but control efforts still needed. The significant drop of EVD cases in West Africa can only continue if control efforts are maintained, according to the latest update of ECDC’s rapid risk assessment. A resurgence of the epidemic remains a possibility and therefore surveillance, contact tracing and active case-finding should be strengthened, with the goal of reaching zero cases as soon as possible.