Brought to you by the International Center Risk and Safety Office. Use this report to be up to date about risks identified by worldwide official and professional sources.
This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 04/20/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 04/16/2015 Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Saudi Arabia. Between 2 and 12 April 2015, the National IHR Focal Point for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia notified WHO of 4 additional cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) infection, including 2 deaths
- 04/13/2015 On World Malaria Day 2015, WHO is calling on the global health community to address major gaps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of malaria, and is issuing updated malaria treatment guidelines. Despite dramatic declines in malaria cases and deaths since 2000, more than half a million lives are still lost to this preventable disease each year.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- 04/20/2015 Summary of public health threats, CDTR week 16, 2015. This issue covers the period 12 to 18 April 2015, and includes updates on monitoring the 2014–15 influenza season, the Ebola virus disease in West Africa and influenza A(H7N9).
- 04/17/2015 Updated Case Counts (From WHO SitReps). Countries with Widespread Transmission, Countries with an Initial Case or Cases and/or Localized Transmission, Previously Affected Countries.
- 04/17/2015 Ebola data and statistics. Reports 25 855 cases and 10 702 deaths in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.