Brought to you by the International Center Risk and Safety Office. Use this report to be up to date about risks identified by worldwide official and professional sources.
This information may change without prior notice
Avoid Nonessential Travel
- 04/20/2015 Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
U.S. Department of State
- 04/25/2015 Nepal Travel Alert. The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nepal and recommends that U.S. citizens in Nepal exercise caution when traveling in or planning departure from the country following the 7.9 magnitude earthquake on April 25.
- 04/23/2015 North Korea Travel Warning. The Department of State strongly recommends against all travel by U.S. citizens to North Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, or DPRK). This replaces the Travel Warning for North Korea of May 14, 2014, to reiterate and highlight the risk of arrest and possibly lengthy detention due to the DPRK’s inconsistent application of its criminal laws.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 04/24/2015 Dengue advisory. CDC recommends that travelers to Malaysia and Brazil protect themselves against mosquito bites to avoid getting dengue.
- 04/24/2015 Ross River virus disease in Australia. CDC recommends that travelers to Australia protect themselves from RRVD by preventing mosquito bites.
- 04/22/2015 Measles in Germany. CDC recommends that travelers to Germany protect themselves by making sure they are vaccinated against measles.
- 04/20/2015 Typhoid in Uganda. CDC recommends that travelers to Uganda get typhoid vaccine before traveling and follow water and food precautions during their trip to help prevent typhoid.
- 04/20/2015 2015 World Expo in Milan, Italy. The 2015 World Exposition will be held in Milan, Italy, from May 1, 2015, through October 31, 2015. Take some simple precautions to help you stay safe and healthy.
Security Messages for U.S. Citizens
- 04/26/2015 Security message for U.S. Citizens: New Delhi (India). The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to some parts in the Indian states of Bihar, Sikkim, Assam, and the northern portion of West Bengal and recommends that U.S. citizens in these areas exercise caution following the 7.9 magnitude earthquake in Nepal on April 25.
- 04/24/2015 “Unacceptable” number of deaths in south-east Asia due to ferry transit. The continued loss of so many lives in south-east Asia due to unsafe ferry trips is unacceptable, according to the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- 04/20/2015 Summary of public health threats, CDTR week 16, 2015. This issue covers the period 12 to 18 April 2015, and includes updates on monitoring the 2014–15 influenza season, the Ebola virus disease in West Africa and influenza A(H7N9).
Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System
- 04/27/2015 Earthquake Nepal (6.7M). This earthquake can have a high humanitarian impact based on the Magnitude and the affected population and their vulnerability.
- 04/27/2015 Earthquake in Nepal situation report. A powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal at 06:11 UTC on 25 April 2015. The epicenter was about 80km North West of the capital Kathmandu. Several aftershocks have occurred since then, notably a 6.6 magnitude aftershock around 30 min after yesterday’s main event and another one of 6.7 magnitude at 07.09 UTC today. The EU-UN Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System (GDACS) issued a RED alert (implying a serious disaster that will probably require international assistance) at 06:18 UTC, 7 minutes after the occurrence of the main earthquake event.
- 04/24/2015 Updated Case Counts (From WHO SitReps). Countries with Widespread Transmission, Countries with an Initial Case or Cases and/or Localized Transmission, Previously Affected Countries.
- 04/27/2015 Ebola data and statistics. Reports 26 159 cases and 10 842 deaths in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- 04/24/2015 UNMEER Situation Report. KEY POINTS: SRSG UNMEER in Guinea to observe latest progress and challenges. Sierra Leone focuses efforts on reducing community resistance in Samu Chiefdom, Kambia. Guinea’s campaign of sensitisation and early detection has reached 92% of targeted persons in Forécariah. Lessons are being learned from Forécariah in order to inform roll out to other areas.