Avoid Nonessential Travel
- Nepal standing travel notice. CDC recommends that US residents avoid all nonessential travel to Nepal. If you must travel, such as for humanitarian aid work, then protect yourself by following CDC’s advice below.
- Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 06/22/2015 MERS Status report. 172 Cases in South Korea and China. 1721 in South Korea. 1 in China. 27 deaths.
- 06/20/2015 Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Thailand. On 18 June 2015, the National IHR Focal Point of Thailand notified WHO of the country’s first confirmed case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV).
- 06/19/2015 Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Republic of Korea. Between 17 and 19 June 2015, the National IHR Focal Point of the Republic of Korea notified WHO of 12 additional confirmed cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) alongside 5 additional deaths.
- 06/19/2015 WHO Statement regarding MERS-CoV. WHO does not recommend the application of any travel or trade restrictions and considers screening at points of entry to be unnecessary at this time. Raising awareness about MERS and its symptoms among those travelling to and from affected areas is good public health practice.
- 06/19/2015 Updated Case Counts (From WHO SitReps). Countries with Widespread Transmission, Countries with an Initial Case or Cases and/or Localized Transmission, Previously Affected Countries.
- 06/19/15 Ebola data and statistics. Reports 27 352 cases and 11 178 deaths in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.