Avoid Nonessential Travel
- Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
U.S. Department of State
- 07/14/2015 Potential Implications for Travel Because of Ebola in Parts of West Africa. The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to screening procedures, travel restrictions, and reduced aviation transportation options in response to the outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. This Travel Alert will expire on December 12, 2015.
- 07/13/2015 Kenya Travel Alert. The State Department alerts U.S. citizens that the Sixth Annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) is scheduled to take place July 24 – 26, 2015 in Nairobi, Kenya. As with all large public events, there is the opportunity for criminal elements to target participants and other visitors. Large-scale public events such as this Summit can also be a target for terrorists.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 07/08/2015 Earthquake in Nepal. In Kathmandu, conditions are returning to normal. In the worst-affected areas outside Kathmandu, damage is more widespread and severe. Recovery efforts in these areas are ongoing, and access to basic resources, such as food, water, fuel, and communications, could be limited. The monsoon season in Nepal is June through September, and heavy rainfall and flooding may further increase the spread of foodborne and waterborne diseases, as well as diseases spread by mosquitoes. There may also be a higher occurrence of landslides than in years past.
- 07/14/2015 Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Republic of Korea
- 07/14/2015 Human infection with avian influenza A(H5N6) virus – China
- 07/10/2015 Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Thailand (update)
- 7/16/2015 Burundi: UN experts urge Security Council action amid mounting violence.
- 07/15/2015 Millions need relief from ‘terrifying’ violence in Yemen – top UN humanitarian official.
- 07/15/2015 As Europe confronts Greek debt crisis, UN expert says new measures must not lose sight of human rights.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- 07/13/2015 Summary of Public health threats, CDTR week 28/2015. This issue covers the period 5 to 11 July 2015 and includes updates on Schistosoma haematobium, West Nile fever, Ebola virus disease and Middle East respiratory syndrome – coronavirus (MERS CoV).
- 07/09/2015 CDC versus Ebola: The Road to Zero
- Featured video:
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.