Avoid Nonessential Travel
- Ebola standing travel notice. CDC urges all US residents to avoid nonessential travel to Guinea and Sierra Leone because of unprecedented outbreaks of Ebola in those countries.
U.S. Department of State
- 10/02/2015 Chad Travel Warning. This Travel Warning is being issued to remind U.S. citizens that on September 11, the Department of State authorized the departure of eligible family members and non-emergency personnel from the U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena, Chad.
- 10/01/2015 Somalia Travel Warning. The U.S. Department of State continues to warn U.S. citizens to avoid all travel to Somalia.
- 09/30/2015 Central African Republic Travel Warning. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all travel to the Central African Republic (CAR) due to an unpredictable security situation subject to rapid deterioration, activities of armed groups, and violent crime
- 09/30/2015 Cameroon Travel Warning. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the high risk of traveling to Cameroon, and urges U.S. citizens to avoid all travel to the North and Far North regions of the country because of the general threat of violent crime, terrorism, and the targeting of westerners for murder and kidnappings, particularly by the extremist terrorist group Boko Haram.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- 10/01/2015 MERS-CoV – Jordan. Between 21 and 23 September 2015, the National IHR Focal Point of Jordan notified WHO of 4 additional cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) infection, including 1 death
- 10/05/2015 Fighting escalates in South Sudan state. Aid agencies in South Sudan have said they’re concerned about the escalation in fighting over the past days in Unity State in the north of the country.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.