Take Enhanced Precautions
- Zika virus advisory. CDC recommends that travelers to Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America protect themselves from mosquito bites.
- Lunar New Year. The Year of the Monkey begins on February 8, 2016, and many travelers will visit Asia to celebrate the Lunar New Year. If you are traveling to Asia, plan ahead for a safe and healthy trip.
- What can countries expect during this year’s influenza season?
- Zika virus infection: Frequently asked questions
U.S. Department of State
- Mexico Travel Warning. The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens about the risk of traveling to certain places in Mexico due to threats to safety and security posed by organized criminal groups in the country.
- El Salvador Travel Warning. The Department of State continues to warn U.S. citizens that crime and violence levels in El Salvador remain critically high, and U.S. citizens traveling to El Salvador should remain alert to their surroundings.
- Haiti Travel Alert. The State Department alerts U.S. citizens residing in or traveling to Haiti to exercise caution and remain abreast of the security situation throughout the current electoral period.
(@WHO) January 14, 2016
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.