Take Enhanced Precautions
- Yellow Fever in Angola. CDC recommends that all travelers aged 9 months or older be vaccinated against yellow fever.
U.S. Department of State
- Bangladesh Travel Alert. The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the ongoing potential for extremist violence in Bangladesh. This Travel Alert supersedes the November 10, 2015 alert and expires on May 1, 2016.
- Niger Travel Alert. The U.S. Department of State alerts U.S. citizens residing in or traveling to Niger to the upcoming presidential and legislative elections scheduled for February 21 through March 20.
- Mauritania Travel Warning. The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of traveling to Mauritania, particularly the eastern regions, due to activities by terrorist groups including al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), which are active in the neighboring regions of Mali.
- Zika virus advisory. CDC recommends that travelers to Pacific Islands and the Caribbean, protect themselves from mosquito bites. Sexual transmission of Zika virus from a male partner is possible, so travelers are also encouraged to use condoms.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.