The International Center wants to offer our deepest sympathy to any of you who have been affected by the Earthquake in Ecuador.
Available support resources for enrolled UT Dallas students
- The International Student Services Office. Their advising staff is available for questions about making emergency trips home or other emergency immigration concerns. For critical immigration emergency assistance outside of business hours, call the UT Dallas Police at 972 883 2222.
- The Student Counseling Center. The Counseling Center is available for discussing personal issues or for emotional support. On-campus contact UT Dallas Counseling Center during office hours at (972) 883 2575. Call after hours at (972)-UTD-TALK.
If currently on-site on behalf of UT Dallas
Stay connected and aware of current developments
- Monitor the media and local developments closely.
- Follow any instructions or advice issued by the local authorities.
- Contact your transport operator directly to check whether your service has been affected.
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) if a U.S. Citizen.
- Report with your home country embassy at your destination if not a U.S. Citizen.
- Expect disruption to essential services such as power and water in the affected areas
- Contact your loved ones to let them know you are okay
- Contact UT Dallas at ICRSO@utdallas.edu to let the University know you are okay.
- Avoid damaged structures, and affected areas.
- Be prepared to arrange alternate routes and modes of transportation as needed.
- Check your Personal Emergency Action Plan.
- Contact International SOS in case of emergency.
Incidents such as this can shake anyone. If you need emotional support, please don’t hesitate to contact International SOS to request assistance.
If you have updated your travel itinerary, or have not registered it with International SOS, please register your travel itinerary in ISOS now.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from the listed sources. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the publication date of this post, and go to the direct sources listed above for the most up-to-date information. The information in this post may change without prior notice.