Take Enhanced Precautions
- 2016 Summer Olympics (Rio 2016). The 2016 Summer Olympics will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from August 5 to August 21, 2016. The Paralympic Games is scheduled for September 7 to September 18, 2016. If you plan to travel to Brazil for the Olympics or Paralympics, follow CDC’s recommendations to help you stay safe and healthy.
- Chikungunya virus advisory. Local mosquito transmission of Chikungunya virus infection (Chikungunya) has been reported in the Pacific Islands and in South America. Local mosquito transmission means that mosquitoes in the area are infected with Chikungunya virus and are spreading it to people. For a list of all Chikungunya virus impacted countries, visit the CDC Chikungunya Virus webpage.
U.S. Department of State
- Hurricane and Typhoon Season 2016 Travel Alert. The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the Hurricane and Typhoon Seasons in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, the Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Europe Travel Alert. As part of the State Department’s continuous efforts to provide Americans travelling abroad with information about relevant events, we are alerting U.S. citizens to the risk of potential terrorist attacks throughout Europe, targeting major events, tourist sites, restaurants, commercial centers and transportation.
- Safety Tips When Attending Major Events. Around eight million fans are expected to visit France during Euro 2016, the matches that determine the continental European football champion. If you plan to travel to France during this event, review ISOS recommended safety tips.
- Zika virus advisory. Local mosquito transmission of Zika virus infection (Zika) has been reported in Argentina. Local mosquito transmission means that mosquitoes in the area are infected with Zika virus and are spreading it to people. For a list of all Zika virus travel notices by region, visit the CDC Zika travel information.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.