The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens to defer all travel to some regions in Ukraine. CDC guidelines for travelers to and residents of areas with mosquito borne diseases, including areas with Zika Transmission. WHO gives health advice for the Olympic Games, and reports on yellow fever outbreaks in Angola and the DRC.
Avoid Nonessential Travel
U.S. Department of State
- Ukraine Travel Warning. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens to defer all travel to Crimea and the eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, and recommends those U.S. citizens currently living in or visiting these regions to depart.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- Health advice for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games. On 21 June WHO releases health advice for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games geared towards national health authorities and health workers. The health advice gives measures travelers can take to be as safe as possible from any public health risk.
- Containing yellow fever outbreaks in Angola and Democratic Republic of the Congo. On 20 June the Democratic Republic of the Congo’s Ministry of Health declared a yellow fever epidemic. Angola has reported close to 3000 suspected yellow fever cases. Despite extensive mass vaccination campaigns circulation of the virus persists.
- Guidelines for Travelers Visiting Friends and Family in Areas with Chikungunya, Dengue, or Zika.
- Guidelines for US Citizens Living in Areas with Zika Transmission.
- Zika virus disease in the United States, 2015 – 2016. From Jan 1, 2015 to June 15, 2016, locally acquired cases reported are 0; travel associated cases reported are 755; sexually transmitted case are 11.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.