Avoid Nonessential Travel
U.S. Department of State
- Nigeria Travel Warning. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria and recommends that U.S. citizens avoid all travel to Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states because the security situation in northeast Nigeria remains fluid and unpredictable.
- Lebanon Travel Warning. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens to avoid travel to Lebanon because of the threats of terrorism, armed clashes, kidnapping, and outbreaks of violence near Lebanon’s borders with Syria and Israel.
- Saudi Arabia Travel Warning. The Department of State recommends that U.S. citizens carefully consider the risks of travel to Saudi Arabia due to continuing ISIL (Da’esh) directed or inspired attacks across the Kingdom. Furthermore, continuing violence in neighboring countries such as Yemen has a high potential to spill over into Saudi Arabia.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- The CDC updated their Zika virus advisory for 51 countries on July 28. Local mosquito transmission of Zika virus infection (Zika) has been reported in these regions. Local mosquito transmission means that mosquitoes in the area are infected with Zika virus and are spreading it to people. For a list of all Zika virus travel notices by region, visit the CDC Zika travel information.
- Zika Cases in Florida, U.S. The Florida Department of Health has identified an area in one neighborhood of Miami where Zika is being spread by mosquitoes. The CDC offers guidance for people who live in or traveled to this area any time after June 15 (based on the earliest time symptoms can start and the maximum 2-week incubation period for Zika virus).
- Mosquito Control: You Have Options. Preventing Zika takes a plan. Learn what steps your family needs to take to prevent Zika at home.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.