Avoid Nonessential Travel
U.S. Department of State
- Haiti Travel Warning. This is an update to the Travel Warning posted on October 7, 2016, warning United States citizens about the dangers of travel to areas in the south of Haiti following the October 2016 passage of Hurricane Matthew.
- Chad Travel Warning. The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of ongoing terrorist activity throughout Chad. U.S. citizens should avoid all travel to the border regions, and exercise extreme caution elsewhere in the country.
- Turkey Travel Warning. The U.S. Department of State continues to warn U.S. citizens of increased threats from terrorist groups throughout Turkey. U.S. citizens should avoid travel to southeast Turkey and carefully consider the risks of travel to and throughout the country.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- Polio in Nigeria. CDC recommends that all travelers to Nigeria be fully vaccinated against polio. In addition, adults who have been fully vaccinated should receive a single lifetime booster dose of polio vaccine.
- Chikungunya virus advisory. Local mosquito transmission of Chikungunya virus infection has been reported in Mexico, Fiji, the Caribbean, South America, Central America. Local mosquito transmission means that mosquitoes in the area are infected with Chikungunya virus and are spreading it to people. For a list of all Chikungunya virus travel notices by region, visit the CDC Chikungunya travel information.
- Zika virus advisory. Local mosquito transmission of Zika virus infection (Zika) has been reported in Mexico . Local mosquito transmission means that mosquitoes in the area are infected with Zika virus and are spreading it to people. For a list of all Zika virus travel notices by region, visit the CDC Zika travel information.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.