Avoid Nonessential Travel
Security Messages for U.S. Citizens
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Jakarta (Indonesia), Aceh Earthquake. The Embassy urges U.S. citizens to defer all non-essential travel to the Pidie Jaya Regency in Aceh Province.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- Seasonal Influenza update. Seasonal influenza viruses circulate worldwide and can affect people in any age group.
- WHO highlights Road Safety in the tweet below. Additionally, learn more about how to enhance your Road Safety skills.
U.S. Department of State
- Ethiopia Travel Warning. The State Department continues to warn U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Ethiopia due to the potential for civil unrest related to sporadic and unpredictable anti-government protests that began in November 2015.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Travel Warning. The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa warns U.S. citizens of the potential for large-scale demonstrations and civil unrest on/around December 19, the date on which President Kabila’s term in office was due to end before elections were delayed.
- Europe Travel Alert. The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the heightened risk of terrorist attacks throughout Europe, particularly during the holiday season. U.S. citizens should exercise caution at holiday festivals, events, and outdoor markets.
- Zika virus advisory. Local mosquito transmission of Zika virus infection (Zika) has been reported in Montserrat and The Bahamas. Local mosquito transmission means that mosquitoes in the area are infected with Zika virus and are spreading it to people. For a list of all Zika virus travel notices by region, visit the CDC Zika travel information.
- Infographic: Travelers Can Protect Themselves from Zika
- Video: Pack to Prevent Zika.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.