Avoid Nonessential Travel
U.S. Department of State
- Nigeria Travel Warning. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria and recommends that U.S. citizens avoid all but essential travel to Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Kano, and Yobe states because the security situation in northeast Nigeria remains fluid and unpredictable.
- North Korea Travel Warning. The Department of State strongly urges U.S. citizens to avoid all travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) due to the serious risk of arrest and long-term detention under North Korea’s system of law enforcement.
Take Enhanced Precautions
- Yellow Fever in Brazil. The Brazilian Ministry of Health has reported an ongoing outbreak of yellow fever starting in December 2016. In response to this outbreak, health authorities have recently expanded the list of areas in which yellow fever vaccination is recommended for travelers.
Recommended Reading / Viewing
- Travel to Hot Climates. Planning your next trip to a tropical climate like in the Caribbean? Pack your swimsuit and sunscreen, and follow these tips to prevent heat illness and injury when traveling in a hot climate.
International SOS newsroom
- When business travel goes wrong. Five true stories and lessons learned
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.