The Department of State has updated its Worldwide Caution to provide information on the continuing threat of terrorist actions and violence against U.S. citizens and interests throughout the world. U.S. citizens need to maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness.
Read full Worldwide Caution. Out of an abundance of caution, we recommend UT Dallas travelers to:
- Verify that the phone, and e-mail in your MyTrips profile in International SOS profile will help UT Dallas reach you in case of emergency.
- Register your UT Dallas related travel itinerary, including all side trips in International SOS and print your ISOS card.
- In case of emergency, contact local assistance services and International SOS. If you have specific safety concerns, contact local law enforcement authorities.
Stay connected and aware of current developments
- Enroll in the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) if a U.S. Citizen. Follow similar procedures with your home country embassy at your destination if not a U.S. Citizen.
- Stay in touch with your family members and ensure they know how to reach you in the event of an emergency.
- Monitor your UT Dallas email address for travel updates from ISOS and UT Dallas.
- Download the ISOS assistance app to get travel notifications and alerts relevant to your destination.
- Monitor the media and local developments closely and follow any instructions or advice issued by the local authorities.
- Review or create an emergency communication plan.
- Avoid large crowds and crowded places. Exercise particular caution during high-profile public events (sporting contests, holiday events, celebratory gatherings, demonstrations, etc.)
- Be aware of immediate surroundings and exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation.
- Have an emergency plan of action ready.
- U.S. Department of State Worldwide Caution
We wish you safe travels!
The risk information in this report is retrieved from the listed sources. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the publication date of this post, and go to the direct sources listed above for the most up-to-date information. The information in this post may change without prior notice.