Avoid Nonessential Travel
U.S. Department of State
- Cameroon Travel Warning. The State Department warns U.S. citizens to avoid all travel to the North and Far North Regions and parts of the East and Adamawa Regions of Cameroon because of terrorist threats and the risk of violent crime.
- Syria Travel Warning. The Department of State continues to warn U.S. citizens against all travel to Syria and strongly recommends that U.S. citizens remaining in Syria depart immediately.
- Mauritania Travel Warning. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens to avoid travel to far eastern Mauritania due to the activities of terrorist groups including al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), which are active in the neighboring regions of Mali, and the self-proclaimed Islamic State of Iraq and ash-Sham (ISIS).
- Afghanistan Travel Warning. The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against travel to Afghanistan because of continued instability and threats by terrorist organizations against U.S. citizens.
Take Enhanced Precautions
International SOS Newsroom
- UK restrictions on electronic items in hand luggage from select in-bound airports. The UK government has banned large electronic devices from carry-on baggage on direct flights originating from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia. The restriction includes laptops, cameras, e-readers and tablets and any devices exceeding 16 cm in length, 9.3 cm in width and 1.5 cm in depth, which must be checked into the hold.
- Review advise for UT Dallas travelers.
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.