International SOS (ISOS) recommends to continue to avoiding travel to Syria following U.S. strikes, and notes there is no immediate impact on travel to other regional countries. Out of an abundance of caution we recommend our UT Dallas travelers to:
- Verify that the phone, and e-mail in your MyTrips profile in International SOS will help UT Dallas reach you in case of emergency.
- Register your UT Dallas related travel itinerary, including all side trips in International SOS and print your ISOS card.
- In case of emergency, contact local assistance services and International SOS.
Stay connected and aware of current developments
- Enroll in the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) if a U.S. Citizen. Follow similar procedures with your home country embassy at your destination if not a U.S. Citizen.
- Stay in touch with your family members and ensure they know how to reach you in the event of an emergency.
- Monitor your UT Dallas email address for travel updates from ISOS and UT Dallas.
- Download the ISOS assistance app to get travel notifications and alerts relevant to your destination.
- Monitor the media and local developments closely.
- Review or create an emergency communication plan.
- Google News on Syria strikes
- International SOS
We wish you safe travels!
The risk information in this report is retrieved from the listed sources. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the publication date of this post, and go to the direct sources listed above for the most up-to-date information. The information in this post may change without prior notice.