Take Enhanced Precautions
- Rabies in Malaysia. The Malaysian state of Sarawak has declared parts of three divisions to be “rabies infectious areas.”
- Dengue in Sri Lanka. The Ministry of Health in Sri Lanka has reported a dengue epidemic. More than 100,000 cases have been reported across the country.
Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System
- FRANKLIN-17 Mexico (138.9km/h). Tropical Cyclone FRANKLIN-17 can have a medium humanitarian impact based on the Maximum sustained wind speed and the affected population and their vulnerability.
- Zika Virus advisories updated forMexico, Cape Verde, Aruba, Barbados, Bonaire, Curaçao, French Guiana, Marshall Islands, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sint Maarten, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, US Virgin Islands, Colombia, Bolivia, Suriname, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Guyana, The Bahamas, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Dominica, Federated States of Micronesia, Venezuela, Grenada, Fiji, Belize, Saint Lucia, Argentina, Anguilla, Peru, Cuba, Sint Eustatius, Saba, Antigua and Barbuda, British Virgin Islands, Singapore, Turks and Caicos Islands, Maldives, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Palau, Montserrat, Guinea-Bissau, Solomon Islands, and Angola.
Recommended Reading / Viewing
- Travelers’ Diarrhea. Self-treat your travelers’ diarrhea and still enjoy your international trip.
- How to recognize Malaria symptoms
The risk information in this report is retrieved from U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other professional sources as listed in the post. It provides general guidance for UT Dallas travelers. Please note the revision date (mmddyy) of this report, printed on the title of the post, and go to the direct sources listed for the most up-to-date information. The information in this report may change without prior notice.